Then there are some that are not for consumption by the internet at large because although they are perfectly decent and do not reveal more than the average bathing suit, I don't especially want my professional acquaintances to ever be able to find pictures of my sideboob online because I have learned a lot from reading Go Fug Yourself.
However, there are a lot of ones that we're totally happy to share with everyone, and here they are:
If the slideshow plugin doesn't work or you want to see bigger versions, there's also a link to the gallery directly.
Credit for the photos goes to Rosemary Wagner at RosemaryPhotography.com, and my mom for making the pink plaid silk shawl from scraps of fabric from my late grandmother's wardrobe.
Note that if we sent you an email, that means you're a True Sideboob Friend and you should look at that inner circle of trust gallery instead. :)
Choosing which ones we want to make prints of will be hard. I think my favorites with the two of us might be these:



The ones where we were draped in the same piece of fabric remind me of one of my all-time favorite greek myths, from Plato's Symposium, about how man used to have four arms and four legs and there were three genders: man, woman and androgynous. Zeus split man in two, but "each of us when separated, having one side only, like a flat fish, is but the indenture of a man, and he is always looking for his other half." Awww. (It goes on to explain seual orientation by clarifying that "Men who are a section of that double nature which was once called Androgynous are lovers of women [...]; the women who are a section of the woman do not care for men, but have female attachments; the female companions are of this sort. But they who are a section of the male follow the male.")
I think it's a very sweet explanation for what soulmates are, and I feel incredibly lucky that I found my other half. :) Anyway, enough of Greek philosophy.
For those of you who are missing your dose of inappropriate because of the censorship of the above photos, here's a dance segment featuring a food product we have in our kitchen RIGHT NOW:

That's Knäckebrot, a crispy Scandinavian flatbread, which is high in fiber and therefore an excellent thing to be eating during pregnancy.
This is the same used as an inventive dance prop:
And in case you really need more inappropriateness, here's the video for one of the songs featured in the above montage, which Stephanie located by doing a search for "what what" "in the butt" (which I somehow found extra hilarious due to her careful placement of quotes). My favorite is that it appears to have been made as someone's final project in a video editing class, where the rubric was a checklist of different "special" effects (Fireworks! Draped fabric! Flying clouds! Burning flames! Popping out of a platform!), and the student was determined to make the product as shockingly outrageous as possible to make their crotchety old instructor squirm and their classmates laugh.




Gorgeous photos! Are you going to do another photo session after baby arrives?
ReplyDeleteOooh, good question. We hadn't really planned on it yet because one of the grandmothers-to-be arriving for a visit is a really excellent photographer, so I think we'll get some good quality photos of our newborn anyway! But I think we really liked this photographer and her rates were really reasonable, so if we ever needed more portraits done, we'd absolutely work with her again.
ReplyDeletedoes this mean anna and i are sideboob friends:) haha. the photos are gorgeous. we were just discussing when were going to do photos, pre-baby or post. still haven't decided. remember i'm a framer and can make some recommendations or do the work for you when the time comes:)
ReplyDeleteI love the "What What" video. I am pretty sure that you two may be the only parents hip enough to combine crafting, pregnancy photos, and slightly racy videos in your baby blog. Lucky kid. --Lisa
ReplyDeleteYou and Anna are totally sideboob friends, Kat! Of course!
ReplyDeleteWe are totally going to order some prints and then ask you about framing on the cheap!
Lisa, I'm so glad you also love the "What What"... I was debating whether posting it would be totally inappropriate but then I thought to myself, "But Lisa will like it!" We've been singing it nonstop in these parts, and it's going onto the labor playlist, so it's KIND of pregnancy related. And fireworks are very much appropriate in light of the upcoming holiday.
And thanks! :)