Saturday, July 4, 2009

Not prelabor anymore

Talked to our doula as she was leaving another birth. She's going to sleep for a few hours and call us at 9:30 am to check how things are going.

We've been having the 3-5 minute spaced contractions for long enough that we are definitely in a pattern (since 3:30), though they've only gotten 1 minute in length more recently. At this point we are putting http://www.contractionmaster.com away and now going by intensity, namely, the point at which Stephanie no longer can talk through contractions... i.e. not yet.

So far, early labor is going wonderfully. Stephanie is doing phenomenally well at coping. I'm going to drag her out of the house for another walk. (We watched the sun come up and took a turn around the block, since seriously, how often are we both up to watch the sunrise together?)

We're probably not heading to the hospital for some time... it'll be extra fun to negotiate the 4th of July fireworks traffic!

YAY! BABY!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. I second that. YAY! BABY!!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, so excited!
    Best of luck with what's to come.

    ~Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. My water broke this morning at 5am! Still no big contractions yet though.

    July 4th must be a good day for a birthday! Good luck to you two!

    -Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY KRISTINE WE ARE SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    I hope you have big contractions by now and I hope you are having a good time and a great labor.

    As for the race aspect: don't tell Stephanie but I totally think Kristine deserves to win. She's been pregnant longer. So labor vibes to Kristine and Jesse, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - Peter and Lisa I hope you have an excellent literal race! Happy half marathoning!

    I am pointing out to Stephanie everytime we are passed by a shirtless sweaty runner that it could be worse, she could be having to run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like these kids might have the same birthday!

    Jenny: No marathoning for us. I have a bum foot and have to rest it for at least a couple of weeks.

    Happy birthing to all of you!

    --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the not-marathoning and your foot. That really sucks!!

    Stephanie is talking to her mom on the phone, everyone. I'm not the most negligent birth partner ever leaving Stephanie to have contractions alone. :)

    ReplyDelete