Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy due date!

It's that special day that we've been counting down to, finally here!

I think we might celebrate tonight by taking a walk up some stairs in our neighborhood. Fortunately, we have the historical society's map of historic stairs in our neighborhood, so we have literally hundreds of scenic options at our disposal. I'm thinking perhaps the haunted stairs would be an excellent place to aim for!

In the meantime, I'm going to go get my run in by taking the DVD back to the video store on foot. (I'm hoping with multitasking I can be in shape for the Army Half Marathon in mid-September in spite of the new baby. Specifically, I'm hoping baby will be soothed by gentle jogging around the neighborhood!)

Then (after a shower!) I'll go pick up our maternity photos, which our photographer just finished with, which is also an excellent due date present! Hurray!

Also awesome is that my brother is arriving tomorrow evening. He'll be really happy that the baby waited for him, and we're really happy that we'll have his support (including excellent cooking!) in time for the first harrowing days with baby, too.

4 comments:

  1. i've got my fingers crossed for you guys:) i hope the baby is soon, but also arrives in it's own peaceful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching the due date - something I never did, and it was very weird going past it with a ten day old after having focussed on it for so long and now it doesn't mean anything. Hope you are all keeping well and GET AS MUCH SLEEP AS YOU CAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting :) Have a nice time with your brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all! We're going to have a blast with my brother and we've been sleeping so much it's absolutely uncanny.

    For the record, I have NEVER in my life slept this much, as in the past three weeks. It's ridiculous. Baby better come soon and put an end to this foolishness. :)

    ReplyDelete