Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nicknames, redux

J: So you really just don't ever use nicknames, do you?

S: Well, I do call him little dude a lot.

J: Okay, that counts! You nickname too!

S: And I might maybe sometimes also call him Jolly. [Makes the tiny pinching motion with her hand while looking guilty.]

So, yes, I don't have to feel bad for being the only one to come up with or use prexisting inane nicknames. I present the list of terms of endearment, for Jolyon at 1 month, with their respective perpetrators:
  • Little dude - Stephanie
  • Jojo Max - Grossmama and Grosspapa
  • Our littlest lamprey (referring to how he looks when he has the soothie pacifier in his mouth, since it's a hollow with a flat front, not like normal pacifiers... we use it because it's got a more finger/breast shaped nipple and doesn't squash into his face, but it does make him look like a menacing bloodsucking creature from the deep) - Jenny
  • Burrito or burritito (referring to how he looks swaddled), Naughty Burrito if he is unswaddling himself - Jenny
  • Kleiner suesser/Wurstchen/Guerkchen and other food related endearments in German (little sweetie, sausage, and pickle, respectively) - Jenny
  • Very Young Jolyon (lame literary reference) - Jenny
  • Jolly - Jenny AND Stephanie
You will note that I am the worst perpetrator, I think because I babble almost constantly to Jolyon and one does run out of things to say.

But most of the time he is just Jolyon.

ETA: Or Babycake, son of Cupcake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment