Today: an illicit orange, and later bread crusts! Both deemed very interesting, possibly even some ingested!
ETA: and by "some" I mean "possibly a molecule or two". We are still in the homeopathic dosages stage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Eep. Am sure you know that solids (or anything non-milk, including puree) before six months isn't recommended as digestive tracks not fully matured. Am also sure you're making informed choices. But wanted to share info we were given, bread before six months is a real no-no. Our health visitor said anything with gluten can cause future allergies!!
ReplyDeleteCitrus fruit also debated before 12 months...crap, baby waking up. Hope you're all well.
ReplyDeleteOur doctor said that it was totally okay to start with solids as J. showing signs of readiness... so, thanks for your concern, but frankly, he's not actually eating any of these items but rather chewing on them and spitting out.
ReplyDeleteYay! It's exciting to hear about your adventures with food! I'm getting some good ideas from reading your blog that I will apply as soon as Zannie becomes interested in food.
ReplyDeleteWhat is your take on rice cereal? Our pediatrician said it's useful for teaching them how to move their tongue for eating. Are you gonna do cereal or just skip and go for whole foods?
As existere pointed out above, we are breaking a lot of rules so you probably do not want to model your introduction of foods with Zannie on what we're doing.
ReplyDeleteI think we're planning to try to avoid us feeding Jolyon as much as possible, in favor of him feeding himself, which means that gooey and spoon requiring foods are going to be hard to do for a while until he gets good with a spoon. We are going to make some oatmeal pancakes, but I don't know that we'll try spooning rice cereal into him on a reguar basis, though maybe we should for the requisite photos and the novelty value. But maybe I'll have cream of rice for breakfast one of these mornings at which point I would be delighted to share with Jolyon. :)