We've become those parents, the ones that are just a bit overly interested in their child's output, and even blogging about it.
Ephiny once mocked the fact that the Similac Baby App has a poo recording function but now we are only mocking that their poo recording function does not contain enough categories to describe what's going on.
I like to think we have a perhaps-better-than-usual reason for doing so.
The pale, frothy, tinted-green poo last night was followed by a another pale, frothy, tinted-yellow poo that I made Ephiny change this morning because I just couldn't handle the suspense. Needless to say, this finding cheered up nobody. I was envisioning a scenario in which we would have to rush our child to urgent care during the snowstorm that is currently about to hit our area hard, no doubt fully crippling the area due to a lack of infrastructure to deal with said snow.
RJ proceeded to have a NORMAL TEXTURE, PIGMENTED, BILE-FILLED POO just now, as well as a second one, and that is such a huge relief because seriously, he's already on meds to solubilize his bile and thus it is just not on to have another obstruction coming up.
I just never thought I'd be staring into diapers like I'm reading tea-leaves or pigeon-innards to see portends of the future. Nor did I think I would have conversations like, "Should we save it? If so, what size ziplock would be best?" about a SOILED DIAPER. Good thing we're using disposables, eh?
Note that we did not end up saving the stool samples, but mostly because as Ephiny pointed out, we know that poo changes color over time after being exposed to air. This is not the sort of pearl of wisdom that I was hoping to learn on my parenting journey, mind you, but it's true. (We did, however, take a photo.)
I am quite sure I know which of my children to make pay for salon visits to obscure prematurely grey hair with artful highlights. But right now things seem to be at least okay again, increased barfing and irritability notwithstanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment