Where by acetaminophen we mean what you might also call paracetamol, or Tylenol(tm)... regardless of what it is, we will not be needing another dose of it for the time being. After a nice long afternoon sleep, Jolyon has resumed his regularly scheduled evening smiling, happy time... complete with kitty, of course!
We just had a rousing round of "This is Jenny's nose, and look, this is Jolyon's nose!" (only in German and with lots of other parts of the face and body as well), a favorite game (thanks Kate and Summer for suggesting it in a post of yours once!), and it appeared to be even more hilarious than usual.
Clearly, the immunization recovery period is officially over, and we do not need to dose him with another round of pain medication.
He's not quite as flaily as usual, but he is now resembling a normal baby in the amount of squirming he's doing, so I think everything is a-okay.
So glad that everything is going well for our little guy, and also, that he will never have whooping cough (I did, and it sucked).
Interestingly, on topic of squirming kicking baby, my mother-in-law emailed me in response to my last well-baby post, "You know, those legs are getting ready to run as soon as he learns to walk." As a runner, I am actually very much hoping this is the case! Once he starts kindergarten, he can participate in the local kids' marathon... but I think we might run a marathon together before then, while he's not ambulatory yet so I can run for both of us. The Army Half Marathon is not happening amidst the moving chaos, but there will be other races, and other years of this race as well!
Donna added, "You two are going to have fun running after him," and that I know is definitely going to come true!
And as I wrote this, Jolyon fell asleep, so it is time for us to watch the vampire movie we've been holding off on for days because we don't think he should be in the room while we watch movies, especially not grownup movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Zannie's 2 month appointment is gonna happen at 3 months instead. But it was nice to get a preview of how easy the visit will be via your blog post.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was definitely not that traumatic, so worth doing, if belatedly. Hopefully the delay doesn't throw your planned vaccination schedule off too much -- we're expecting to go back again at 4 months and at 6 months, I think. But given ho many people delay particular vaccinations, I doubt it will be a big deal.
ReplyDelete