Saturday, December 10, 2011

Noodles and the Christmas tree

Conversation over dinner tonight. (Important note: we were eating pasta with tomato sauce).

Jolly: "Mama does not like the Christmas tree."

Me: "Yes, I do. Why do you think I don't like it?"

J: "Mama likes noodles."

M: "I do like noodles. I can like more than one thing at the same time."

J: "Mama likes noodles. Mama does not like the Christmas tree."

M: "Do you like noodles?"

J: "Yes."

M: "Do you like the Christmas tree?"

J: "No."

M: "Do you like Priscilla?" (the cat)

J: "Yes."

(pause)

"I like Milo too." (the other cat)

(longer pause)

"I like noodles and the Christmas tree AT THE SAME TIME!"

This last was said with a really excited grin and repeated for emphasis.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when they have these random intellectual 'breakthroughs'! And most of the time we don't realise beforehand that they *didn't* understand because it's always something that seems entirely obvious. Sometimes I would like to know extactly what is going on in Ella's head. Only sometimes tho.. :-P

    ReplyDelete