Jolly's waking up time has recently shifted to between 8:30 to 9:30 am. He goes to bed at 8:30-ish at night, but often plays in bed a bit. It is heavenly. Now. It might be different when we try to ship his night owl self off to school (with a wee kiddie sized commuter mug of black coffee, likely), but for now, I am very appreciative. His naps are more like 2pm with the later wake-up time, but are still 2 hours long. I think this all started out with the garbage trucks pushing naptime back to 2:30 on Thursdays, actually. (Thanks, Island Disposal team!)
Even better is the fact that Jolly sleeps through lights-on diaper changes happening in his room, even when they are scream-filled. He's woken up maybe four times in the past two months of middle-of-night diaper changes, just for a brief "What is mummy doing?" query and "RJ has a stiny poo!" affirmation before going back to sleep. One time I had to sing "Baa Baa Black Sheep" (with the "any wool" part replaced by "any poo", of course).
We had been wondering how we'd manage 2 kids sleeping in the same room in few months (RJ is still in a bassinet in our room for now), but now we know it won't be a big deal. Heck, we could practically sleep train RJ in the same room as Jolly's slumber.
RJ, who has been managing 5 hour stretches on a regular basis, tonight clocked 6. He goes to bed somewhere from 11-12, wakes up 5.5-ish hours later, eats, and goes back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. Bliss.
Needless to say, we're all feeling GREAT and any coffee or diet coke I'm consuming is purely recreational.
---
*Do not actually have 99 problems, for all that I'd like to reference the Jay-Z song. In actuality, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with 9, and even then would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with gems like "breast pump containers too small for my output" which are NOT REAL PROBLEMS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sounds like you guys are doing amazingly well - I'm glad you got two sleepers!
ReplyDelete