Thursday, September 23, 2010

Input and output

So, last night we got in late after I had my work retreat while Jolly had a super awesome playdate and then we missed a ferry and got home and picked up the farmshare. So dinner last night was simple and involved the following courses:
A) Cheese quesadilla
B) Peas in tomato sauce
C) Salmon with mustard dill sauce
Guess which one our child totally devoured all of? If you guessed C, of course you are right. B was also approved, but A was sort of half-consumed and that only because it could be eaten with the fork. And it was the FIRST course, too, so it was the one he had presented while he was most hungry. Our kid apparently fails at "kid food", which is totally fine. I just need to start making more salmon than just one serving, because Jolly is going to be consuming a nontrivial amount of mine! (And this one can't be explained by in-utero acclimatization, either.)

Yesterday's 9:40-4:20 super-long playdate went really well, just as expected, except that Jolly did not soil any diapers in a solid way. This is not really a problem except that it totally made the enormous volume of diapers I packed look ridiculous and paranoid. He then proceeded to defecate right after I got there to pick him up, and then again, epically, on the way home. Thanks, kiddo. I hate to miss it! Ephiny who got home after midnight last night, suggested "Maybe it's because he feels so comfortable when you're there." Uh huh. Today I changed the third solid-soiled diaper of the day at 10:15. The kid didn't get out of bed at 8:30 (catching up for having only had one nap yesterday, I think)... so that takes some serious work.

No comments:

Post a Comment