I came to campus afterward to do some grading at the coffee shop, because we're catching a matinee movie at the film festival: Patrik Age 1.5, a Swedish movie about a gay couple who adopts a 1.5 year old toddler to find that due to a decimal point typo, they are really the new parents of a troubled, homophobic 15 year old.
Stephanie is graduating in 9 days (and is defending her thesis in 8 days), so a faculty member from her department just loaned her the Doctoral robes, hood and tam for use in the departmental ceremony. Fortunately the faculty member is male, tall and had ordered size "XL" which means there is ample room for stowing a full-term baby bump!

Best maternity wear ever. Just so you know, that's purple velvet!
I am so incredibly proud and impressed. The midwife today said it very well in her statement, "Baby has a smart mom!"
P.S. Yes, Stephanie's officemate has the "I Want To Believe" poster from the X-files above his desk.




awesome! congrats stephanie!
ReplyDelete