I totally love that the announcements for the talk were bright pink. Apparently, just the color the front office chose.
After having set up the projector, but right before Stephanie had her last bathroom break as a non-PhD.
As always, a little black dress hides a lot, until you look at it from the side! 37 weeks, 1 day!
This is the departmental graduation the next day. I discovered that our camera takes wonderful videos as well!
Some photos from after the ceremony: Don't mind the multiple purses - I'm not quite that bad a hoarder of bags that I carry two at the same time. The maroon one is Stephanie's and I'm carrying it for her because hello, she's enormously pregnant and already burdened down with flowers.
This picture does a nice job of showcasing the extent of the pregnancy and the billowing purple-velvet splendor that is the UW robe as maternity wear. A friend asked Stephanie, "So, do you think you're the most pregnant person ever to defend her PhD?" and then paused, and added, "At least in astronomy, right?" I'm sure there are others who have defended closer to their due dates, or past their due dates, but I'm still really impressed.
Congrats to Stephanie - and you! - on graduating.
ReplyDelete