Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nesting, or just being me?

I've been cleaning the house all day. This could be "nesting," in which the pregnant person cleans/organizes/undertakes final pre-baby projects in a burst of energy before labor begins. (My mother tells me she was laying tiles in the bathroom the day before my sister was born.) However, spending a Sunday cleaning the house is a fairly common thing for me to do - I can't relax in a dirty house. Cat litter on the floor drives me crazy. The ever-increasing layer of dust on my dresser has been annoying me for weeks. I even clean the house when I'm staying home from work with a bad cold. Hence, this may not mean anything at all.

In other news, Jenny noticed that I have developed a spiral-galaxy type pattern of stretch marks on my belly:

See the galaxy? My belly button (now an outie, though thankfully it doesn't stick out too much) is the bulge, and the spiral arms radiate out above and below. This makes me feel better about having stretch marks - at least they're astronomy-themed!

Also, we hung the flags from our baby shower above the crib:

So cute, no? The changing pad cover is improvised for photo purposes - Jenny will do the actual sewing tomorrow. Also note the sticker-clad baby wipe box - much more attractive than the original pampers label. The collection of stuffed animals in the crib is a very nerdy group of Einstein and several giant microbes.

3 comments:

  1. You three are getting so close :) I really like the cards above the bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bump marks are incredible. They are like a psychedelic poster a uni student hangs on their wall under a black light. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was our host's idea to do the flags because our baby shower was on Flag Day (June 14th in the US). I think it's a great idea - they'll remind us of how much love surrounds us at 3 am on a sleepless night, I think!

    We now have a proper changing pad cover and a matching nursing pillow cover thanks to a day at the sewing store. I think our quasi-nursery is looking really cute actually!

    ReplyDelete