Our 10th Valentine's Day together was fun: we went and saw Twilight, and then went out to sushi for dinner, and got cupcakes for dessert.
I often refer to Stephanie as Cupcake (no idea how this started, actually, but it's become somewhat engrained as endearment of choice over ten years). Therefore, I've taken to sometimes referring to the baby as Babycake. Our local cupcake bakery does in fact sell two sizes of cupcake: regular and babycake, I'm not kidding... so the post-dinner cupcakes were an accurate representation of our family structure. Photos will be posted later. :)
Stephanie's big accomplishment has been helping our baby reach a length of 10.5" from head-to-foot. My big accomplishment yesterday was opening a bottle of prenatal vitamins to help Stephanie reach that goal. This is notable as an achievement because the bottle was not only child proof, but also adult proof. I have a very firm grip so if I couldn't open this bottle by "Pushing down and turning clockwise" like the lid helpfully suggested, then it was just not going to budge. I finally ended up sawing it off, in multiple stages to get through the various parts of the lid. We now have a bowl of prenatal vitamins sitting on the table like it's a candy dish. Thank you to my parents for providing us with an excellent, well-stocked toolbox!
In other pregancy news of yesterday, I caught Stephanie in the act of eating an apple with Nutella. Not slices of apple, mind you, but an apple with the biting surface being smeared with chocolate hazelnut spread. So very, very pregnant!
This is an unusual non-savory craving. Otherwise, Stephanie's cravings haven't been very specific on her own, but if she sees delicious food, she suddenly must have it. (I think even the Nutella-apple is in that category because the Nutella was on the table and the apple was on the fruit platter, both in plain sight.) There was a scene in Twilight where the protagonist was eating a veggie burger and fries, and Stephanie REALLY wanted a veggie burger and fries from that moment onwards. We were able to meet that need during today's trip tromping about Vashon Island looking at houses. (That really deserves its own entry, filed under "Advanced Nesting", but so far we're really excited that we found the general location where we want to settle down and raise our family!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




For the record, I think apple+nutella is not weird at all.
ReplyDeleteIt turns out that, sadly, you're right: other people have tried it and written about it on their blogs!
ReplyDeletehttp://celiacteen.blogspot.com/2008/09/nutella.html
http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/2008/01/29/fresh-fruit-and-nutella-for-world-nutella-day/