Saturday, February 11, 2012

What goes on in their heads: clotheshorse edition

Jolly makes all kinds of announcements apropos nothing, and it's always delightful to hear what's going on in his head.

Today, as he was eating a snack of nuts, crackers, and fruit, it was "This chicken [painted on his plate] matches my socks. They are black!"

He was right. How he remembered his sock color when they were out of sight under the table, I don't know. Apparently, having picked black rather than red socks out to match his lumberjack plaid overalls was a bigger deal than I thought.

"This rooster [again, painted on plate] ALSO matches the chicken."

Yes.

"The cracker does NOT match the chicken. It is brooooown."

A little pause.

"The cracker does NOT match my socks, either."

I think we're discovering the transitive property. With socks, naturally.

We then had a big discussion about how he and RJ were wearing matching outfits today (both red lumberjack plaid), and he just about fell to pieces with delight at the idea that maybe we could do different matching outfits tomorrow. I do hope it won't disappoint that the argyle sweaters we have for both of you are not in fact the same colors, just the same pattern... I anticipate that will require some discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment