Saturday, December 18, 2010

Videos and name selection

Ephiny and I went to have brunch at our friends' house, and then afterwards one of our friends went with us to see Burlesque and we left the kiddos at home with our other friend. There, he entertained TWO kids with colds in a house that is only babyproofed at the 6-month-level. Amazing. And both had naps!

Not only that, but he made some videos. These are private videos on youtube, and I need to get his okay before posting them here, since his son is also depicted, and I don't know if he wants to broadcast his accordion playing to the world (though he should, it's awesome)... but besides taunting you with descriptions of videos that you can't actually see, the fun part is that youtube suggested videos of other Jollys.

One of the videos I stumbled across is this one about exoplanets. I nearly died laughing because the gentleman in question is totally super-excited to talk about exoplanets and he just barely remembers to introduce himself and then there is this BARRAGE of questions from the audience about his name, and he totally explains the entymology and also the origin of Jolly's name. So, if anyone here is a latecomer to the blog and wants to know what Jolly is short for, or how to pronounce it... enjoy the video and find out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment