Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jolyon's first tooth!

This morning, I could feel the tooth just beneath the gum surface. This evening, it's poking through! It's his left front bottom tooth.

Between that and his interest in trying to grab food from our plates (last night he managed to get a fistful of chard), we're thinking of offering him some bits of solid food soon.

3 comments:

  1. yeah baby teeth! hope everything is going dandy on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How old is he now?? I think we're going to do baby led weaning, but not till 6 months. Can't believe the tooth business, and how quickly babies grow up. Is he taking teething well??

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's 4.5 months old now. He's showing some of the signs of food-readiness laid out by our doctor: head control, interest in food. The last one is the tongue-thrust reflex going away, and I don't know how we can assess that without actually putting some food into his mouth and seeing what happens!

    We'd planned on waiting until 6 months, but with the amount of grabbing at our food he's been doing, and the teething, I think we may give him things to gnaw on sooner.

    ReplyDelete