I have been spectacularly delinquent with photo-posting, but I've finally edited and captioned photos and then we found a clever workaround for the fact that iPhoto '11 doesn't actually upload to Picasa anymore... and here they are, photos!
I am endeavoring to keep up better with photos now, and also am hoping to get back into the rhythm of blogging, because our boys are pretty spectacular, really, and there's lots to say about how much fun they are right now. Not to mention how naughty their parents are for flagrantly disregarding World Health Organization guidelines for exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months (if you pay close attention to timestamps you'll see that Rupert started on solids at 4 months, as you can see in the photos above) but how Scylla and Charybdis (my bosoms) might be making up for it by feeding ANOTHER baby into a state of glorious extra chins*. And how Jolly really takes after me in so many ways and how Rip takes after Ephiny in lots of ways and how all the resemblance talk still drives me absolutely spare even when I'm on the other end of it this time around. And how Jolly is the best big brother of all time and how he routinely lobbies for TWO MORE babies RIGHT NOW, one in mummy's tummy and one in mama's tummy (not going to happen). Not to mention how listening to Rip and Jolly talk to each other in their beds at bedtime and in the morning just about makes me cry with joy. (Sample conversation is quiet toddler narration of elaborate stories about the duplos in the bed interspersed with happy pterodactyl sounds from the baby.)
Alas, my computer has been converted into a machine exclusively dedicated to viewing pictures of Rip in the Hostible and also occasionally of Baby Jolly in the Hostible!, so it's difficult going. I'm hoping to make some photo books which will buy me a bit more time!
*We found a super-fab expectant mother who was adopting and who was able to bring colostrum to the hospital for her baby's first meal thanks to my early pumping mania. Over two months later the baby is still exclusively on milk provided by me and a few other local moms, and it's kind of an awesome MAMMALS and COMMUNITY thing, really, so while breastfeeding itself is providing me with not much joy these days (endless baby calisthenics and having to leave for a quiet dimly room and also now there are TEETH), pumping is totally making up for it.
Ooh, I love this method of sharing, great pictures all around, they really look like a great team and I expect much MISCHIEF from the pair of them in the future!
ReplyDelete