Monday, November 7, 2011

Birth weight regained

RJ is now exactly 11 lbs of baby, with a 40 cm head circumference. He is 22 and 5/8th inches long (downgraded from the initial measurement of 23 when the doctor repeated it).

I'm very pleased to trounce the NICU doctor's verdict that it would be hard for my body to produce all the calories needed by such a large baby. Go wonder bosom powers, activate!

I'm celebrating the regain of birthweight by ceasing to record the side, start time and duration of every feeding in a notebook. Said notebook will also not be used to record future diapers changed and the nature of their output. I am also ceasing the setting of alarms to wake me up to feed him. I can now enjoy the fact that he sleeps for longer than one sleep cycle at night, rather than worrying about it. Go RJ go!

So far, still no cold for me or RJ, though poor Ephiny is still pretty sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment