Jolly has always been an excellent sleeper. I am endlessly grateful for this.
What he's substantially less good at is waking up. Much like certain people in our household who shall remain nameless but who are not me and also not Priscilla our cat, he is always in a terrible mood immediately after waking.
Today's epic nap was no exception. When I swooped into his room after hearing the first stirring noises, I found Master Jolly sitting up with an enormous pillow-crease across his cheek and the crabbiest expression of all time on his face. He proceeded to grumpily whine and cry until I turned on the radio to the classical station and sang "llama llama llama llama" along with it. Then, he laughed.
But, the cranky soon returned, because he was still not fully awake. I tried reading books the normal way, and that was rejected. We then instead looked at a picture book, replacing the intended text by asking, "Are you a llama?" of each of the pictures. That, too, was deemed acceptable.
Also, apparently, after a nap, all creatures great and small are llamas.
I really wonder where he got this llama fixation, but it's pretty cute. We'll get some llama books from the library, I think!
Here is a picture of a llama (funny to Jolly) surveying Machu Picchu (funny to his parents), for extra jollies for everyone.
ETA: Ephiny points out that she leaves Jolly in his crib to gripe to himself for a while, since otherwise if she goes in right away, he just throws a fit in her presence. Well played, spouse, well played. This hadn't actually occurred to me: I think it takes one to know one!
Maybe I should just cut out pictures like this one and post them on the ceiling above our bed!
Llama plus Machu Picchu. It's really pretty unbeatable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Sigh. You morning people just don't get it. Cute llamas though. Oh, and what DOES the llama say?
ReplyDeleteyou should look at this blog i found recently. she has a thing for llamas too :) www.cheeseblarg.blogspot.com. she just rights silly stuff and draws cute pictures.
ReplyDeleteHa, I am so not a morning person! I am however a really, really sound sleeper. It's super-hard to wake me up, but by the time it happens, I'm ready to be civil with the world. Ephiny on the other hand is a light sleeper and wakes up very easily, but then she's a bit out of it for the first hour or so.
ReplyDeleteLlamas are great! Thanks for the blog suggestion, kat!
Hey Smarty Pants! You are exactly right with our names. First and Middle. You even spelled them both correctly. We won't post your comment for a while though, just so others don't know! Way to go!
ReplyDelete