Today, Jolly crawled into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. This is not really cause for worry, since the bathroom is pretty safe - we have a lock on the toilet, and all dangerous items have been removed from baby-accessible drawers and cabinets. I followed to check on him, and found that he had pulled himself up to standing holding the edge of the bathtub, *right* next to the door so I couldn't open it. He was doing his disgruntled yell, because while he can pull himself up pretty easily now, he still has trouble with the dismount. "I'm standing, and I can't sit down!" I had to gently push on the door to get him to move his foot over far enough that I could reach in and pick him up. All in all, it was pretty funny.
Later, again in the bathroom, he seemed to be having an easier time sitting down from standing. He even spent a couple of seconds suspended on his own feet as he did a gradual sit-down. Then he picked up the metal measuring cups we keep in the bathroom and banged them together for a while, humming to himself. The combination of clanging and "ah-ah-ah" was almost musical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment