During a faculty meeting, I located Jolly's third tooth! Definite highlight of the meeting! The upper left incisor burst through overnight, and will probably be followed soon by the right. Teething has not been too painful for this one: we noted he was a bit more crotchety than usual over the past few days, but he also got Ephiny's cold.
Yesterday, in addition to the faculty meeting, I had an early morning off-island eye exam, at which Jolly charmed the opthamologist and spent the time on my lap grabbing at the machines. Afterwards, we headed downstairs and got him the seasonal flu shot, which was not very traumatic after the initial howl of outrage. Afterward we headed to the German bakery to buy bread, the to the optician to try on glasses. We popped over to the faculty meeting, to which Jolly contributed some table banging and cheerful babbling (very appropriate). Jolly then "helped" grade some papers, followed by ferry home, and grocery shopping in the way back to our house.
Jolly really was in excellent spirits throughout this very long day, got his naps in while driving, and was hailed everywhere as an exceptionally cute baby. I kept thinking some of the plans would need to be scrapped what with the flu shot and the teething and the cold, but he remained tremendously entertained by the big world outside our home, so I just plowed through the to-do list with a cooing, happy baby on my hip.
Only halfway through the day did I realize I could stop qualifying "7 months" with a "nearly". Pretty amazing.
PS - Ephiny stayed home with her cold... she went back to bed and slept until 3:30 pm. She's now feeling better! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment