Saturday, September 6, 2014

Games babies play

I thought it would be funny to pretend to nibble on Tammy's fingers. She thought it was hilarious, and now she sticks her fingers in my mouth on a regular basis so we can play this game. 

She now has seven teeth: 4 on top, 3 on bottom. She is starting to gain some mobility by scooting on her butt on the floor, propelled by her hands. While I was reading Rip a bedtime story tonight, she scooted halfway across the boys' room and started pulling books out of the shelf. 

Jolly started kindergarten this week and loves it. He says his favorite part is recess. We read a book last night about a raccoon who was afraid to go to school, and Jolly asked why. I said some kids are scared of doing new things. "I'm not!" declared Jolly. 

Jolly's current signature phrase is "oh, man!" Uttered whenever he is displeased about something, which is often. Rip's signature phrase is "poop on mama." He does not have to be displeased to say it; he thinks it is appropriate for any conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment