Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Impatient big brother

While attempting a lullaby tonight:

Guinevere and Ephiny: "Twinkle twinkle little star, how I-"
Jolly: "Why do we have only two children?"
Guinevere: "Because we're still working on having more children. We will have more, don't worry. How I wonder-"
Jolly (in whiniest tone ever): "But I want more children NOOOOOW."
Ephiny: "I'm sorry, but you'll just have to wait. How I wonder what-"
Jolly: "But WHY do I have to wait? I don't WANT to wait!"
Ephiny: "It takes a while to make more children. Woooooonder what you are!"
Jolly: "But WHY?"
Guinevere and Ephiny: "Gooood niiiiight, Jolly."

Tomorrow we will use the handy dandy embryo figurines from the island festival's pro-life booth and have a talk about why gestation takes a long time, and also we will talk again about how Rip needs to stop being a baby before we can have another baby. Goodness, but that child is broody. He may grow up to give the Duggars a run for their money!

I'd like to congratulate ourselves on waging a successful "big brotherhood is awesome" campaign, but honestly, I think Jolly just inherently loves babies as much as say, his mummy does.

No comments:

Post a Comment