Jolly sort of crawled today, if by crawling one means continuing to launch himself after the moving target of the cat, who kept moving slightly further away on account of the tufts of fur that were being removed.
When I started writing this earlier, he was sitting on the sofa chewing on Priscilla's tail, both of them looking very content. I really wonder what possesses her to put up with this stuff. I do not wonder what Jolly's first word will be, except as to what language and formality it will have: undoubtedly it will refer to Priscilla rather than, say, his parents.
Other funny things: we've been spending more time hanging out on in the garden with the advent of spring and weather to match. Today he ate some grass, and when he got a particularly large blade, I decided that maybe I should try to retrieve it. Jolly got very cross at the mouth sweep and managed to swallow it, looking victorious, before I could pull it out. He then leaned forward and threw up all over my arm, and then laughed uproariously. I'm pretty sure it was the mouth sweep that actually triggered the throwing up.
Also, over the last couple of days he finally has gotten to a point where peek-a-boo is funny. The deciding factor is that Mr Independent needs to be doing the peek-a-boo, though. It's still super-boring when one of us tries to hide under a cloth. We figured this out when he pulled the comforter over his head at naptime and bedtime, only to pop out again and smiling broadly. Did give me a bit of a worry about suffocation, but now it means that he's in a brilliant mood when I put him down for a nap. The unhappy lying down is terrible protest now lasts only until he realizes he has a blanket, whereupon he can entertain himself by making the world disappear and reappear on command.
Yesterday and today Jolly started shoving his face into the cover of books and making this grunting happy sound. I have no idea what that's all about - maybe it's modified peek-a-boo, maybe it's something way more complex than we're capable of understanding. I sure would like to know what's going on in his head! Books generally have gotten way more exciting in the past few weeks, in that he actually pays attention to the book now, and touches the pages (feeling any textures) and will flip through rather than just trying to eat it. Way fun, though I guess it means the end of reading grown-up books, magazines or catalogs for bedtime stories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment