Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Heartbeat!

We had an appointment with the midwives today and heard the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler for the first time. It was fast! 150 bpm, twice the average adult female heartbeat (according to wikipedia). The midwife said it sounded great, and the baby even wiggled a little while we were listening. It's good to know that our little one is doing okay in there.

4 comments:

  1. You posted!!!! <3

    150 bpm is three times my heartrate when I am sitting on the sofa stressing about students evaluations.

    Thanks to Dr Wikipedia, this actually qualifies as bradycardia, although it's usually not symptomatic until the heart rate drops below 50 bpm. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when we heard the baby moving it sounded like a whip cracking. Congrats on the heartbeat!

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. For us it was like a sharp swish, but not a whip-crack. I think we may have a more laid back baby - he or she spent our ultrasound at 12 weeks making small movements, but no big gymnastics.

    Plus our appointments have been in the morning and the baby really seems to get active in the evenings -- which is a schedule that I am 100% behind the baby continuing to keep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog! -- Mike

    ReplyDelete